"I used to think that All Right Now - that pastiche piece of English Americana by the seventies band Free was the greatest driving music of all time. Now, I'm not sure. Here's that classic and the contemporary banger from "
Road Trip Playlist
These are our top 20 tunes for a roadtrip. What tunes make your long distance drives go a little quicker? Leave a comment and let us know…
4. Driving South: Stone Roses
Manc attitude par excellence with pounding riffs from the Monkey Men.
5. Autobahn: Kraftwerk
Glorious misanthropy from the centre of Euro dystopia.
6. I fought the Law: The Bobby Fuller Four
Original Rebel Music: let the desert winds blow!
7. Left turn on arrow only: Davie Allan and the Arrows
Obscure and burning strings straight out of the Lost Highway.
8. Learn to Fly: Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl and co bring you a contemporary classic that sounds better than sex on the car radio.
9. Johnny B Goode: Chuck Berry
Essential roots rock meant for swift cruisin’.
10. Dead Man’s Curve: The Wipeouts
A dispatch from the beginnings of street racing culture.
11. Shut Down: The Beach Boys
Leave the Noseriders alone chaps. Stick to the four to the floor.
12. Phat Planet: Leftfield
A tick and a tock. Put the pedal to the metal!
13. Live Injection: The Upsetters
A downshift and a change of pace that still goes with the flow.
14. Highway to Hell: AC/DC
Nod your head and flash the steer’s horns on the highway, baby.
15. Plug In Baby: Muse
Contemporary roughness for the blacktop in our time.
16. Song 2: Blur
17. 2-4-6-8 Motorway: Tom Robinson
Perennial dad rock that evokes the British Leyland vehicle of your imagination.
18. Down the road I go: Johnny Jenkins
Dirty harp-driven blues from the southland.
19. Something Else: Eddie Cochran
He died in a Ford Consul in Chippenham. What a rocker!
20. Shaking All Over: Ricky Valance
We end with a slick rocking classic.
CLICK TO ENLARGE